THE 32nd ANNUAL
INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ACUPUNCTURE,
ELECTRO-THERAPEUTICS, & LATEST ADVANCEMENTS is scheduled for:
*Part A: Budapest, Hungary, September 10-11, 2016, jointly with the 9th European Congress for Integrative Medicine, and
*Part B: October 7-9, 2016, at Columbia University, New York
THE 31st ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ACUPUNCTURE, ELECTRO-THERAPEUTICS, & LATEST ADVANCEMENTS was held on May 1-2, 2015 at Sao Paolo, Brazil, jointly with the 4th Brazilian Medical Society International Symposium on Bi-Digital O-ring test, and the 13th Japanese International Symposium on Bi-Digital O-Ring test
THE 30TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ACUPUNCTURE, ELECTRO-THERAPEUTICS, & LATEST ADVANCEMENTS was held on October 10-12, 2014 at Belgrade, Serbia, jointly with the 7th European Conference of Integrated Medicine
This 3-day meeting is accredited for 25 Credit hours by the New York State Boards for Medicine and Dentistry towards the 300-hour requirement for the acupuncture certificate for licensed physicians and dentists in New York State. It is also recognized for credit by many other states & countries.
The 30th Annual International Symposium is organized by the International College of Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics (permanently chartered by the University of the State of New York) and its official journal, Acupuncture & Electro- Therapeutics Research, International Journal of Integrated Medicine (Cognizant Communications), by the Heart Disease Research Foundation; the Nordic Acupuncture Soc. (Scandinavia); the Schmerz Therapeutische Kolloquium (Germany); Portuguese Federation of Acupuncture Association; Yugoslavian Med. Acupuncture Soc; Brazilian Med. Acupuncture Soc; Federation of Acupuncture Soc.'s of S. America; Hippocratic Foundation of Greece; Institute of Acupuncture Research, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan Univ (Former Shanghai Med University); Ukrainian Nat. Kiev Medical Univ, Dept of Non-Orthodox Medicine; Japan Bi-Digital O-Ring Test Medical Society, etc., with audio-visual & presentations by renowned scientists & clinicians.
Topics of the Symposium back to top
- Acupuncture, Electro-Therapeutics and Related Therapies in the East and West: Past, Present and Future.
- Neurotransmitters and their Inhibitors; and Mechanisms of Pain, Depression, Abnormal Behavior & Memory.
- Normal and Abnormal Blood Pressure and Blood Flow, etc., in the Brain and Other Parts of the Body, and the Effects of Acupuncture and Electro-therapy on Circulation, Blood Chemistry and Neurotransmitters.
- Acupuncture, Electrotherapy, Qi Gong and Special Solar Energy Stored Paper in the Treatment of Intractable Pain and Intractable Problems in Surgery, Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, Rehabilitation Medicine, Psychiatry, Geriatric Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, etc., (Their effect on Circulation & Selective Drug Uptake Enhancement Methods).
- Meridians & Acupuncture Points & their Biophysics & Biochemistry as well as Connections to Cerebral Cortex.
- Evaluation of the Effects of Acupuncture, Electrotherapy, Laser, Qi Gong, Western & Herbal Medicine.
- Beneficial and Adverse Effects of Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics, Laser, Qi Gong, Electro-Magnetic fields (including Red Spectra, Near IR, Far IR).
- Diagnosis and Therapy Based on the Organ Representation Concept: Cerebral Cortical, Scalp, Auricular, Eyes, Facial, Nose, Lips, Tongue, Hands and Feet Representation Areas of the Different Organs of the Body.
- Manual & Electro-Acupuncture, TENS & Qi Gong in Cardiovascular Diseases (Stroke, Myocardial Infarct, etc.), Alzheimer's & Parkinson's Diseases, Drug Addictions & Obesity, TMJ problems, Electro- (Kirlian) Photography.
- Medico-Legal Standards for Teaching and Practicing Acupuncture, Electro-Therapeutics, and Related Fields.
- "Bi-Digital O-Ring Test" in Acupuncture, Electrotherapy & Western Medicine: Its Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications [e.g. Imaging of Internal Organs and their Corresponding Meridians and Acupuncture Points, Identification & Localization of Bacteria, Viruses, Malignant Tumors (Early Diagnosis & Treatment), Neurotransmitters, Hormones, Drugs, Toxic Substances] & Food & Drug Compatibility Test, Optimal Dosage & Drug Uptake. Detection of Valuable, but Invisible, Information on X-rays, MRI, SPECT & PET scans, hand writing.
- How to Prevent Potential Adverse Effects of Acupuncture, Electro-Therapeutics, Qi Gong, Western & Herbal Medicine.
- Factors Influencing Safe and Effective Acupuncture, Electro-Acupuncture, TENS, Electro-Magnetic Field Stimulation and related Electrical Stimulators, as well as Qi Gong , Laser, Shiatsu, Hypnosis, Nutrition , Drug Therapy & Herbal Medicine.
- Role of Telomere, Telomerase, Aging, Apoptosis & Cancer. How to reduce cancer cell Telomere markedly and inhibit cancer cell division, while increasing normal cell Telomere by acupuncture at the True St. 36 (at traditional St. 36 no acupuncture point exists) or by the use of optimal dose of Astragalus, Boswellia Serrata.
- 6 Minute non-invasive screening of cancer & localization of cancer by X-, Y-axis laser line scanning of whole body
- Rapid non-invasive screening of Pre-Alzheimer's Disease by measuring Acetylcholine, β-Amyloid (1-42), Tau protein, Al, Hg, Pb & Asbestos. Rapid non-invasive screening of heart disease and cardiovascular disease by measuring cardiac Troponin I , L-Homocyst(e)ine, BNP, & C Reactive Protein. Safe & effective treatment of these diseases using the "Selective Drug Uptake Enhancement Method". Role of Asbestos in Alzheimer's Disease and malignancy.
- More than 10 different new methods of increasing normal cell telomere to inhibit cancer cell activities, discovered very recently.
Contact back to top
Please contact concerning 3-day symposium or 3-day workshop (for those interested in presenting a paper, please contact Prof. Omura):
Prof. Y. Omura, M.D., Sc.D., F.I.C.A.E. Symposium Chairman
800 Riverside Drive (8-I)
New York, N.Y. 10032.
Tel: (212) 781-6262, Fax (212) 923-2279 (10 am to 10 pm , New York Time, 7 days a week); email: email@example.com
Dr. Marylin Jones, D.D.S. Tel:(832) 754-7787, Fax: (713) 784-7134, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Andrew Pallos, D.D.S. Tel:Tel: (949) 910-2090, email@example.com
Dr. Avraham Henoch, M.D.. Tel: (917)882-4393.
Mr. Victor Wong, B.S. Tel: (201) 988-1888. Fax: (201) 420-8883. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Diana Gerometta, M.S. Tel: (410) 323-6029, (only between 6pm and 10pm, Eastern Standard Time), email@example.com (after 6 pm, Eastern Standard Time)
Dr. Abdallah Nihrane, Ph.D. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
All papers and abstracts accepted for presentation will be published in
Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics Research, The International Journal of Integrated Medicine
Registration Fee back to top
Until Sept. 30, 2014: The fee for 25 credit hours from the NY State Boards of Medicine and Dentistry towards the Acupuncture Certificate for the licensed MD, DO, VMD, or DDS in the U.SA, Puerto Rico and Canada is $600 ($650 after Sept.
30, 2014). Fellows and Members of the Int'l College pay $550 ($600 after Sept.
30, 2014). The Non-credit registration fee is $500 ($550 after Sept.
30, 2014). The Registration fee for members of ICMART or major int'l medical acupuncture societies and of the International Association for the Study of Pain from countries outside of the USA, PR, and Canada, AND current 2-year subscribers to Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics, The International Journal from outside of the USA, Puerto Rico or Canada is $550 ($600 after Sept.
30, 2014). For licensed Acupuncturists, NCCAOM credit is available. The registration fee is $500 ($550 after Sept.
30, 2014). For non-physicians & non-acupuncturists, the registration fee is $300 ($350 after Sept.
*Registration scholarships are available for qualified needy applicants; medical students and pre-medical students from Columbia University are invited free of charge.
Accommodation back to top
- Hotel Newton 2528 Broadway (W. 94th Street). (212) 678-6500 or (800) 643.5553. Rooms start at $250-300/night.
- Hotel Belleclaire, 250 W. 77th St. at Broadway. (212) 362-7700 or 1.877.HOTELBC. Economy room (shared bath) $109-229, Double/double room (2 double beds) $169-389.
- Riverside Tower Hotel, 80 Riverside Drive at W. 80th Street. (212)877-5200 or (800)724-3136. Single rooms start at $150-170/night.
- Park 79, 117 W. 79th Street (near Columbus Avenue). (212) 787-3300 or (866) 372-7579. Rooms start at $170/night.
- You can also stay at a Bed & Breakfast. Some that are nearby:
- Manhattan Getaways, (212)956-2010, has private apartments that are intended for short stays. This option is usually significantly cheaper than a hotel or Bed & Breakfast (as low as $135 per night).
- Manhattan Lodgings, (212) 677-7616, also has private apartments available for short stays.
- West Side YMCA, 5 W. 63rd St., (212)875-4100. Rooms start at $100-150/night.
- International House (http://www.ihouse-nyc.org), 500 Riverside Drive (2 blocks from Columbia at W. 122nd Street). (212) 316-8400. Rooms for about $150.
- The Leo House, 332 W. 33rd St. between 8th and 9th Ave, NYC. (212)929-1010. Rooms are about $100-190/night.
Prices can change and the above list does not include tax (which is 13.375% in New York ).
Tentative Presentations back to top
Tentative Speakers at the 30th International Symposium, among other distinguished clinicians and researchers.
- Prof. Xiao-Ding Cao, MD, FICAE, Prof. and Former Chairperson, Dept. of Acupuncture Analgesia (Former Dean, School of Basic Medical Sciences), Shanghai Medical College of Fudan Univ (Former Shanghai Medical University), Shanghai, People's Republic of China; Chair-person, State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, and Prof. & Former Director, Institute of Acupuncture Research, former Shanghai Medical University, WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, People’s Republic of China.
- Topic 1: Effect of Electro-acupuncture on chronic pain (including neuropathic & cancer pain).
- Topic 2: Safety & effectiveness of acupuncture on neurological diseases (cerebral ischemia, epilepsy, & depression).
- Topic 3: Electro-acupuncture combined with drugs in treating diseases & against painful symptoms
- Topic 4: Modulatory effect of Electro-acupuncture on immune-mediated disorders of the body.
- Topic 5: Acupuncture education in medical college of People’s Republic of China.
- Prof. Yoshiaki Omura, MD, ScD, FICAE, FAAIM, FRSM, Director of Medical Research, Heart Disease Research Foundation; President, International College of Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics; Adjunct Prof., Community & Preventive Medicine, New York Medical College; Prof. of Non Orthodox Medicine, Ukrainian National Kiev Medical University, former Visiting Research Prof., Dept. Electrical Eng., Manhattan College; former Adjunct Prof. of Pharmacology, Chicago Med School.
- Topic 1: Harmful electromagnetic fields in home environments and abnormal metal deposits in the brain and other parts of the body as potential contributing factors to the genesis of electromagnetic field hypersensitivity syndrome, Alzheimer's disease, autism, cancer, myocardial infarct, stroke, and other intractable medical problems; early detection and prevention of pathogenic electromagnetic fields.
- Topic 2: Often unrecognized causes of intractable pain and medical problems, and effective treatment by Selective Drug Uptake Enhancement Methods (combined with acupuncture, (+) Qi Gong, special (+) solar energy stored paper, extremely low frequency electrical stimulation, electrical field, magnetic fields, electromagnetic field, soft laser, Shiatsu, etc.) in pathological areas, such as cancer and other intractable medical problems, where drugs usually cannot reach therapeutic levels.
- Topic 3: 6-minute non-invasive screening of cancer & localization of cancer by X-, Y-axis laser line scanning of whole body. Screening of heart disease and cardiovascular disease by measuring cardiac Troponin I, L-Homocysteine, & C Reactive Protein. 6-minute non-invasive screening of Pre-Alzheimer's Disease by measuring Acetylcholine, -Amyloid (1-42), Tau protein, Al, Hg, and Pb. Safe & effective treatment of these diseases using "Selective Drug Uptake Enhancement Method" to selectively deliver the effective medication to the pathological area.
- Topic 4: Detection of accurate organ representation areas at various parts of the body including the head, face, eyes, eyebrows, ears, lips, nose, tongue, hands & feet and their clinical application for diagnosis and treatment.
- Topic 5: Role of Telomere, Telomerase, Aging, 8-OH-2-dG, Apoptosis & Cancer, How to reduce cancer cell Telomere markedly, while increasing normal cell Telomere by acupuncture at True St. 36 (Traditional St. 36 doesn't have same effect) or other means, Anti-aging and Anti-cancer. Latest safe and effective anti-cancer treatment using true St. 36 press needle stimulation together with optimal dose of DHEA and special solar energy stored paper or Qi-Gong energy stored paper as well as combination of optimal dose of Acetyl L-Carnitin & -Lipoic Acid.
- Topic 6: Significant role of Asbestos in the genesis of malignant tumors, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, cataract, chronic pain, etc. & safe, effective method of removing Asbestos.
- Topic 7: Detection of important invisible medical information from R- & L- mouth-writing, handwriting, & foot-writing for early diagnosis of intractable medical problems and evaluation of therapeutic effect.
- Leo M.J. Lee, PhD (Former Head of Laboratory of Molecular Technology, SAIC/National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health)
- Topic 1: Application of Anti-Sense DNA & RNA for Gene Regulation.
- Topic 2: Bitter-Melon Protein MAP 30 Identified as Anti-Tumor & Anti-Viral Agent.
- Prof. Hui Zhang MD, PhD. Anesthesiology Dept, School of Stomatology, 4th Military Medical University, Xi’an, China.
- Topic 1: Action Site of Anesthetic Agent in Normal Human Brain Revealed by Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Prof. Andre de Smul, MD, FICAE, Former Prof., Dept. of Surgery, Pain Clinic, Akademisch Ziekenhuis, Vrije University, Brussels, Belgium.
- Topic 1: Environmental Electromagnetic Field and Related Diseases in Plants, Animals, and Humans
- Prof. Pekka J. Pontinen, MD, PhD, FICAE, Pres., Nordic Medical Acupuncture Society; Assoc Prof Anesthesiology, Univ of Kuopio, Finland.
- Topic 1: Basic Principle & Clinical application of red spectrum & near-infrared soft laser for treatment of pain & wound healing in rehab)
- Prof. Yuan-Shan Zeng, MD., PhD. Head of Histology & Embryology Dept., Sun Yat-sen University, China. Topics to be Announced
- Prof. Dominic P. Lu, DDS, PhD, FAGD, FADSA, FICAE, Clinical Prof. of Oral Medicine, Univ. of Pennsylvania
- Topic 1: Bi-Digital O-Ring Test in Acupuncture, Qi Gong & Pain Management
- Dr. Daniel Gole, DDS, FICAE, Director, West Michigan Head, Neck & Facial Pain Center. Originator of Modern Micro Dental Occlusal Adjustment RFV (Resultant Force Vector Technique)
- Topic 1: Effect of Dental Occlusal Adjustment on the Rest of the Body and Potential Effect on the Level of Bacterial and Viral Infection
- Prof. Steven Aung, MD, FICAE, Associate Prof., Dept of Family Medicine, Univ. of Alberta
- Topic 1: Clinically useful aspect of traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture
- Dr. Yasuhiro Shimotsuura, MD, FICAE, Vice President, Japan Bi-Digital O-Ring Test Medical Society
- Topic 1: Non-invasive early diagnosis of cancer using Bi-Digital O-Ring Test & laboratory confirmation of the findings.
- Topic 2: Non-invasive diagnosis of intractable medical problems and their effective treatment using the Bi-Digital O-Ring Test and Selective Drug Uptake Enhancement Method.
- Topic 3: Umbilical Diagnosis based on the direction of umbilical creases
- Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD, FICAE, President, American Academy of Neurotherapy, Seattle, Washington
- Topic 1: Bi-Digital O-Ring Test and the Autonomic Nervous System
- Michael Smith, MD, FICAE, Director of Acupuncture Drug Detoxification Program, Lincoln Hospital, Bronx, New York; Assoc. Prof. of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College
- Topic 1: Use of Ear Acupuncture for Treatment of Drug Addiction & Reduction of Cigarette & Alcohol Consumption and Other Intractable Medical Problems (Seminar & Workshop).
- Glen Rein, PhD, K. Dandurand, & Maria Syldona, MD Quantum Biology Research Lab & Aulterra International
- Topic 1: Protection from Electromagnetic fields emitted from cellular & mobile phones.
For any further information or submission of abstracts
or papers for the Symposium please contact:
Prof. Yoshiaki Omura, M.D., Sc.D.
Chairman of the International Symposium on Acupuncture & Electro-Therapeutics
800 Riverside Drive, 8-I
New York, N.Y. 10032-7416
Tel: (212) 781-6262, Fax: (212) 923-2279. email: firstname.lastname@example.org